Friday, February 25

January 2011

The fun only gets better.  I started Medicare on January 1, the first group of baby boomers.  I had all of the prep work in good order and the transition was very easy, except for the fact that " I'M ON MEDICARE".   Oh well, after a couple of days I felt like I was still 64.


David and I went to the Albany Gun Show.   What an adventure and good kid time!
Nancy and I went to a dinner show in Portland.  Good food and good music by Stolen Sweets.  The next Saturday we went to Artichoke Music for a great show with Gary and Margie, and were entertained by Tom May and David Rea. 

We finished the month in Phoenix and Prescott.  It was nice to see old friends from my college days in Arizona (Ron, Wayne, Joe, Geoff and Martha).   We also visited Ron and Lee in Prescott Valley for a couple of days.

Adventures on the trip included a visit to the Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix, and a trip to Canyon Lake for a boat ride on the Dolly Steamboat in the Red Rock canyons.   We saw big horn sheep.  These guys are about 600 to 1000 feet above us.
Along the road to Canyon Lake


We stopped at Tortilla Flat, AZ and had lunch.
The cafe has dollar bills all over the walls.  People write their names on the bills and the restaurant puts them everywhere.  Note the stools at the bar.
 

We went to Globe, AZ and visited an ancient Native American site that has been partially rebuilt.


Ron, Lee, Nancy and I went on the Verde Canyon Railroad.


We had a great time enjoying the friends and scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment