Monday, May 10

May 4 Finding Grandma

Earlier in the week I found out that grandmother Neary was not buried in Holy Name next to grandfather and her sister as it was penciled in the church records. After the initial shock, I made a few calls and found her buried with her second husband in Mt. Olivet. Hence a trip to find grandma. In the process, I also found the headstones for my grandfather Varney's two brothers. A very successful day tracking down relatives.

Nancy and I dined at Lula Belle's in Hannibal. I was informed by a very reliable source that this was one houses for sporting women. We had another great meal with lots of interesting decor.

We stopped by cousin Anita and Dick's for a visit and joined Claude and Mildred for dinner and time for a casual visit. I just love to hear Claude's flying stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment