Monday, May 25

Memorial Day

Willamette National Cemetery is a few miles from the house. The cemetery has a commanding view of downtown Portland from it mountain side and top location east of the city. Today was my first visit on Memorial Day in many years.
.
My schedule is to wake up the birds and nudge the rooster to crow. After 8:00, the cemetery starts filling up with those coming to visit their loved ones. So, with the sun just coming over the hilltops I visited 130,000 plus of my comrades in arms. It is always emotionally hard for me these days, remembering family, friends and comrades who reside on the other side of life. So far, I have found family that has served in the Civil War, WWI, WW ll, Korea, Viet Nam.
.
A lot of peace keepers and freedom fighters.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment