Sunday, April 19

April 19 ~~ Great Sunrise and a Surprise

I woke up at 04:00 this morning and had been thinking about going to the Wooden Shoe tulip farm in Woodburn to take some morning pictures. The sky was clear, a crescent moon with Venus positioned right below the moon. I packed my camera equipment and headed the 40 miles south.


The first picture you see Mt. Hood in the distance.












I am doing fine and taking lots of pictures, then all of these trailers show up at 6:00 and start parking in front of Mt. Hood. Bummer. The last truck and trailer drives by and I hooted and jumped for joy. There was a convention of hot air.



I always wanted to watch and photograph this event. These are the first ones to take off in very very light breeze.








The balloon captains just hovered their balloons three or four feet above the tulips.


Some days are great and I was on the road home by 08:00.

The rest of the day was good too.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment